I don’t know about you, but something about s’mores just makes me happy. Maybe it’s because I love anything with melted chocolate and marshmallows, or maybe it’s because they bring back memories of camping when I was younger. Ok, I’ve never actually gone camping before…it just sounded good. Either way, this quick and easy recipe is guaranteed to leave your guests asking for s’more and s’more!
- 6 graham crackers
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Break the graham crackers in half to form 12 squares
- Decorate 6 of the graham cracker squares with chocolate chips forming a smiley face. (This is a great activity to do with children.)
- Put the chocolate chip covered graham crackers in the microwave for 40 seconds (time may vary depending on microwave)
- Remove from microwave
- Put a marshmallow on each of the remaining 6 graham crackers and put them in the microwave for 15 seconds
- Remove from microwave and place one marshmallow graham cracker and one chocolate chip graham cracker next to each other on each plate
- Serve the s’mores open face to give everyone a smile
- Once served, tell everyone to smush both graham crackers together and enjoy!
We promise that this dessert will leave the young (and young at heart) ready to grin and eat!