March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. How come it’s almost the end of March and it still feels like the lion part of the month outside? Actually, this picture is what it would really feel like if a pride of lions were waiting outside. However, they look a lot warmer than we do in NYC! Either way, these lion cupcakes are a perfect treat to make for a friend’s birthday during March.
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- yellow food coloring
- orange food coloring
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- black writing gel
- 24 Cheerios
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- Use yellow food coloring to turn the vanilla icing yellow
- Coat the top of each cupcake with a thin layer of yellow icing
- Mix orange food coloring with the coconut until each piece of coconut is colored orange
- Take the orange coconut and line it along the outside of the cupcake (as shown in picture above)
- Put two mini chocolate chips for the eyes and two Cheerios for the ears
- Finally, draw the mouth onto the lion’s face with black writing gel
And if your friend doesn’t like them, I have a feeling this hungry lion would gladly finish them up!