One last time to use the “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb” expression. Ok, I’m done….at least until next year.
Whether you’re looking for an adorable kid’s birthday dessert or an Easter snack, these cute little lamb donuts are sure to bring your guests coming baaaaack for seconds.
- 6 regular sized donuts
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 12 mini chocolate chips
- 9 pink candy chews (like a Starburst)
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- Coat the top and sides of each donut with vanilla frosting
- Place donut on desired serving plate since some marshmallows may fall off if you move the donuts around too much
- Then cover the entire donut with mini marshmallows
- Next put a pink fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds (do this one at a time)
- Then roll it into a ball and flatten it with your fingers to form an oval shape for the head
- Next take a mini marshmallow and cut it in half
- Place a chocolate chip into the marshmallow (pointy side facing the marshmallow)
- You should do this twice to create both eyes
- Use a small drop of icing to get the eyes to stick to the pink head
- Put another fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds
- Once removed, rip it into four pieces and roll it into the ear shape below
- Press the ears onto the back of the head
- You can then press the head onto the front side of the donut with a little extra icing on the back
If you are wondering whether this is basically like serving your guests a bowl of marshmallows, the answer is yes.