The flowers are out in full bloom, so we decided to bring them onto the kitchen table. How often have you wondered whether the flowers on your plate were edible or simply attractive decorations? Not to worry with these flowers. Not only are these flowers pretty to look at, they’re also tasty donuts to snack on!
- 6 regular size donuts
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Tubes of writing icing in desired colors
- 3 regular size marshmallows
- Package of black licorice rope
- Containers of sugar sprinkles in desired colors
- 6 large lollipop sticks
- 6 candy spearmint leaves
- Cut the edges off of the donuts to form flower petals as seen below
- Put a half a cup of frosting into a microwave safe container
- Mix in a few drops of food coloring until you get your desired shade of pink
- Place in microwave for 20 seconds (or until melted)
- Individually dip each donut into the melted frosting and let cool on a wire rack
- Sprinkle sugar sprinkles on petals for several flowers while still wet
- To form the center of the flowers, cut a marshmallow in half
- Dip the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sugar sprinkles
- Place the marshmallow into the center of the donut
- Another option for the flower’s center is to cut several 1/2 pieces of black licorice
- Poke them into the center of a marshmallow and place in the center
- Once icing has dried, you can use a tube of writing gel to outline the outside of the flower
Since the picture above looks like a Where’s Waldo image (with donut flowers), here are individual versions of the donuts. Enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
My daughter (age 2) loves flowers so these would be perfect for her. Great idea.
I delight in, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a
look for. You have ended my four day lengthy
hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.