Cinco de Mayo has a special place in my heart. Not only do I love guacamole and margaritas, Cinco de Mayo is the day I met my husband. I think that’s reason enough to love the holiday! If you don’t want to brave the crazy Mexican restaurants on Cinco de Mayo, here’s an easy cupcake recipe for you to create your own celebration at home.
Cinco de Mayo Taco Cupcakes
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 12 dried apple slices
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 12 yellow Starburts
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- green and red food coloring
- 10 chocolate cookies
- First, ice all the cupcakes with vanilla frosting to form the base
- To create the salsa, mix 1/3 cup of frosting with red food coloring until you reach your desired shade of red
- To create the lettuce, mix the coconut with green food coloring
- To create the cheese, melt a yellow Starburst in the microwave for 5 seconds and then flatten it with your fingers to form a flat square
- Once all the taco ingredients are prepared, take a dried apple slice and cover one side with red frosting
- Pinch the apple in the middle to form the taco shape
- You may need to apply extra red icing to the center to act as a glue to keep the taco shape
- Fill the “taco shell” with a melted Starburst, ground cookie and green coconut
- Place the taco on top of a cupcake and serve with an ice cold margarita
These cupcakes are guaranteed to turn your dinner into a fiesta!
One Comment Add yours
Really fun cupcakes. Looking at the picture it’s hard to believe they’re not a strange mix of sweet and savoury.