Ever four years the world comes together to watch the best athletes across the globe compete during the Summer Olympics. Since these athletes spent hours grinding away to prepare for Rio, the least we can do is spend a few minutes creating some Olympics-themed desserts to enjoy while we sit on the couch and watch them.
- 12 mini cupcakes
- Tub of chocolate frosting
- 12 yellow Starbursts
- Gold color mist (I used Wilton’s shimmering food color spray)
- Black decorating gel
- Package of Twizzlers Pull ‘n’ Peel
- Frost the cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- Place the Starbursts in the microwave (3 at a time) for 10 seconds (exact time will vary by microwave)
- Once removed from the microwave, roll the Starbursts into individual balls and then flatten them into the shape of a medal
- Spray the top of all the medal Starbursts with the gold color mist
- Let the mist dry
- Write “USA” with the black decorating gel on top of the gold misted medals
- Cut the Pull ‘n’ Peel into 1.5 inch sections
- Pair up the individual strands of the Pull ‘n’ Peels and use two pairs to form a “V” on each cupcake
- Place the gold medal on the bottom of the “V”
- Note: On my first attempt to write “USA” the black decorating gel came out looking like a bunch of blobs. If your tube is coming out too thick, you can make a pool of black decorating gel and then dip the end of a toothpick in it and use that to write “USA” on the medals.
Now let your arm do some heavy lifting as you pop these cupcakes into your mouth. Go for the gold!
One Comment Add yours