With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to bring out the treats. These chocolate covered mummy pretzels are anything but scary to make.
- 15 pretzel rods
- Bag of white melting chocolate (10 oz)
- 30 candy eyes
- 1 tube of Betty Crocker white decorating icing
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Remove the chocolate and stir it
- Continue to put it in the microwave for 15 second increments and stirring afterwards until melted
- Dip the top half of the pretzel rods in the chocolate and lay it on a piece of wax paper to dry
- If you want to avoid having a flat backside you can have them dry in a cup instead with the wet part sticking out
- Immediately place the candy eyes on the top center area of the melted chocolate as seen in the picture
- Let it dry and then drizzle on lines of the white decorating icing
- Let entire pretzel dry before moving them
Make sure to open your mouth wide and gobble up all the mummies!
It turns out that today is National Watermelon Day. While yes, watermelon is delicious on it’s own, it’s even better when it’s sitting on top of a cupcake. And actually, it’s even better when your watermelon is made out of pound cake, icing, candy and chocolate!
- 12 mini cupcakes
- A tub of vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- A chocolate bar
- 12 green apple Laffy Taffys
- 1 pound cake
- Ice all 12 cupcakes with vanilla frosting
- Cut the pound cake into 12 small triangles with a curved top (matching the shape shown in the picture above)
- Add a drop of red food coloring to 1/2 cup of frosting (keep adding drops until you get desired shade of pink) and mix
- Cover the sides and top of the pound cake triangle with pink frosting
- Put 2 pieces of Laffy Taffy in the microwave for 5 seconds (time with vary by microwave)
- Form the Laffy Taffy to fit on the curved top of the triangle
- Using a knife, cut small rectangular pieces of the chocolate bar off
- Add a few of the chocolate shavings all over the pink frosted body of the watermelon
- Place the watermelon on top of the cupcake and serve
Don’t be afraid to go for seconds, it is National Watermelon Day after all!
The sun is out and beach season is in full swing. Maybe you’re spending your weekends perfecting your tan while waves are crashing at your feet. Maybe you just dream of being there every time you look at the beautiful beach sunset picture on your desktop. Either way, these little beachy cupcakes are sure to leave a smile on your face.
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 Fruit by the Foot
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 4 graham crackers
- Add a drop of blue food coloring to 3/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Add a drop of green food coloring to 1/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Ice all 12 cupcakes with blue frosting
- Crush the graham crackers into crumbs as shown above
- Cover half the blue iced cupcake with the graham cracker crumbs
- Use the green frosting to paint bathing suits on the Teddy Grahams
- Cut the Fruit by the Foot into tiny rectangles to serve as the beach towels
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Fruit by the Foot beach towels on the sand
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Teddy Grahams on the beach towels
- Place the remaining Teddy Grahams’ legs into the blue water
- Mix up all the cupcakes so that they have different numbers of bears swimming, tanning, etc.
- Serve and watch the smiles come rolling in
Not only are these cupcakes beary cute, they’re also beary tasty too!
These adorable cupcakes can put a smile on anyone’s face. They were served at a child’s birthday party but would work just as well for a picnic at a farm or a rustic barnyard wedding . Children of all ages were horsing around and tweeting for more!