Having a sweet tooth makes it tough to say no to chocolate, cupcakes, candy, marshmallows, donuts, ice cream, cookies…and the list goes on. Lucky for you, it’s a known fact that if the cupcake is this tiny, calories don’t count. In fact, you might as well have s’more! Here’s a quick and easy recipe that will have you celebrating National S’mores Day in no time!
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- 3 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (you won’t really need that many, but sometimes they don’t break along the line the right way and you can always find room in your tummy for leftovers)
- 2 graham crackers
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Break the Hershey’s bars into the individual rectangles as shown in the picture above (you’ll need 12)
- Break each graham cracker into 6 pieces
- Cover the top of the cupcake with chocolate frosting
- Place one piece of graham cracker, one chocolate rectangle and one marshmallow on top of the cupcake
Who wants s’more?
It turns out that today is National Watermelon Day. While yes, watermelon is delicious on it’s own, it’s even better when it’s sitting on top of a cupcake. And actually, it’s even better when your watermelon is made out of pound cake, icing, candy and chocolate!
- 12 mini cupcakes
- A tub of vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- A chocolate bar
- 12 green apple Laffy Taffys
- 1 pound cake
- Ice all 12 cupcakes with vanilla frosting
- Cut the pound cake into 12 small triangles with a curved top (matching the shape shown in the picture above)
- Add a drop of red food coloring to 1/2 cup of frosting (keep adding drops until you get desired shade of pink) and mix
- Cover the sides and top of the pound cake triangle with pink frosting
- Put 2 pieces of Laffy Taffy in the microwave for 5 seconds (time with vary by microwave)
- Form the Laffy Taffy to fit on the curved top of the triangle
- Using a knife, cut small rectangular pieces of the chocolate bar off
- Add a few of the chocolate shavings all over the pink frosted body of the watermelon
- Place the watermelon on top of the cupcake and serve
Don’t be afraid to go for seconds, it is National Watermelon Day after all!
My husband and I were staying at the Trump Hotel in Chicago during our anniversary and were really excited to come back to our room and find golden chocolate covered strawberries in honor of the occasion. While chocolate covered strawberries are pretty awesome to begin with, being a Trump hotel, they knew just how to kick things up a notch. (See picture to the left.) Since we kept talking about them for days after the trip, I decided to recreate my own version at home. They are so easy to make and create a beautiful presentation for any party or event. While you don’t have to add a cupcake to the recipe, I did anyway! Just follow the recipe below and enjoy!
Golden Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 7 Strawberries
- 1 mini cupcake
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 container of white candy pearls
- 1 container of edible gold spray paint
- vanilla frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds (time varies by microwave)
- Remove and stir
- Individually dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and let dry on a sheet of wax paper
- When dry to the touch, spray a thin coat of edible gold spray paint on top of each strawberry
- Take the centerpiece cupcake and ice with a thin coat of vanilla frosting
- Scatter candy pearls on top of the frosting and on the serving plate you’re going to use for the strawberries
- Place one strawberry on top of the cupcake and scatter the rest of the strawberries on the plate
This dessert will definitely earn you golden reviews!