Having a sweet tooth makes it tough to say no to chocolate, cupcakes, candy, marshmallows, donuts, ice cream, cookies…and the list goes on. Lucky for you, it’s a known fact that if the cupcake is this tiny, calories don’t count. In fact, you might as well have s’more! Here’s a quick and easy recipe that will have you celebrating National S’mores Day in no time!
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- 3 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (you won’t really need that many, but sometimes they don’t break along the line the right way and you can always find room in your tummy for leftovers)
- 2 graham crackers
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Break the Hershey’s bars into the individual rectangles as shown in the picture above (you’ll need 12)
- Break each graham cracker into 6 pieces
- Cover the top of the cupcake with chocolate frosting
- Place one piece of graham cracker, one chocolate rectangle and one marshmallow on top of the cupcake
Who wants s’more?
The sun is out and beach season is in full swing. Maybe you’re spending your weekends perfecting your tan while waves are crashing at your feet. Maybe you just dream of being there every time you look at the beautiful beach sunset picture on your desktop. Either way, these little beachy cupcakes are sure to leave a smile on your face.
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 Fruit by the Foot
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 4 graham crackers
- Add a drop of blue food coloring to 3/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Add a drop of green food coloring to 1/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Ice all 12 cupcakes with blue frosting
- Crush the graham crackers into crumbs as shown above
- Cover half the blue iced cupcake with the graham cracker crumbs
- Use the green frosting to paint bathing suits on the Teddy Grahams
- Cut the Fruit by the Foot into tiny rectangles to serve as the beach towels
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Fruit by the Foot beach towels on the sand
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Teddy Grahams on the beach towels
- Place the remaining Teddy Grahams’ legs into the blue water
- Mix up all the cupcakes so that they have different numbers of bears swimming, tanning, etc.
- Serve and watch the smiles come rolling in
Not only are these cupcakes beary cute, they’re also beary tasty too!
When it comes to holidays, my childhood was filled with holiday themed desserts,
appetizers and party decorations. With July 4th right around the corner, here is
an easy and patriotic dessert for you to bring to the dinner table.
RED, WHITE AND BLUEBERRY CUPCAKES
Container of vanilla frosting
1/2 cup of coconut
Red food coloring
Ice all 12 cupcakes with vanilla frosting
In a small bowl, mix the coconut and red food coloring
Carefully line the cupcakes with rows of red coconut for the stripes (you can
also replace the coconut with red Twizzlers Pull & Peels)
Place a blueberry in the corner
Dot a few dabs of icing on the blueberry to form the stars
We guarantee there won’t be any leftovers…it just wouldn’t be patriotic!
This weekend we visited friends that have an amazing fish tank in their basement. I left wanting to either buy a pet fish or make a fish themed dessert. As you can guess from the picture above, option number two won!
- 8 regular size donuts
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- yellow food coloring
- 1 bag of M&M’s
- 4 red or pink fruit chews
- 8 fruit chews in varied colors (for the tail)
- 4 mini marshmallows
- 8 chocolate chips
- Place the frosting in a microwave safe bowl and mix in yellow food coloring until you get desired color
- Place bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds (times may vary depending on microwave)
- Individually dip each donut in the melted yellow frosting and place on a wire rack or plate to dry
- Decorate the donut with M&Ms and the eyes before it has completely dried
- To make the eyes, cut a mini marshmallow in half
- Then stick a chocolate chip into the sticky side of the marshmallow with the pointy side facing the marshmallow
- To create the lips, place a red or pink fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds
- Remove and break into two pieces
- Roll each piece into a thin log (pictured above) and fold into a “v” shape for the lips
- Place the lips on top of the donut
- For the tail, place another fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds
- Roll into a ball and flatten into the shape above
- Place the pointy side into the donut for the tail
- If the fruit chew is too heavy or flimsy, you can place a mini marshmallow under the tail to keep it in place for your presentation
These adorable fish are guaranteed to cook up some smiles with your company!