My husband and I were staying at the Trump Hotel in Chicago during our anniversary and were really excited to come back to our room and find golden chocolate covered strawberries in honor of the occasion. While chocolate covered strawberries are pretty awesome to begin with, being a Trump hotel, they knew just how to kick things up a notch. (See picture to the left.) Since we kept talking about them for days after the trip, I decided to recreate my own version at home. They are so easy to make and create a beautiful presentation for any party or event. While you don’t have to add a cupcake to the recipe, I did anyway! Just follow the recipe below and enjoy!
Golden Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 7 Strawberries
- 1 mini cupcake
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 container of white candy pearls
- 1 container of edible gold spray paint
- vanilla frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds (time varies by microwave)
- Remove and stir
- Individually dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and let dry on a sheet of wax paper
- When dry to the touch, spray a thin coat of edible gold spray paint on top of each strawberry
- Take the centerpiece cupcake and ice with a thin coat of vanilla frosting
- Scatter candy pearls on top of the frosting and on the serving plate you’re going to use for the strawberries
- Place one strawberry on top of the cupcake and scatter the rest of the strawberries on the plate
This dessert will definitely earn you golden reviews!