Trick or treat? Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. If you don’t, I don’t care. I have a whole tray of mini pumpkin cupcakes waiting over there. Enough said. Here is the recipe.
- 24 mini cupcakes
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 pouch of Better Crocker Decorating Cookie Icing, Chocolate
- Combine the vanilla frosting, red food coloring and yellow food coloring
- Keep adding additional food coloring and mix it until you get your desired shade of orange
- Frost all cupcakes with a thin layer of orange frosting
- Take the cookie icing and draw jack o’lantern faces on the cupcakes
- Let the icing sit for an hour and then serve
Since the cupcakes are so small it’s ok to have two or three!
Since I love guacamole, I couldn’t resist adding this masterpiece to the menu. All you need are a few simple ingredients and this puking pumpkin could be making an appearance at your next Halloween party as well.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 tub of guacamole (to keep things really simple you can just buy already made guacamole from the store)
- Take a sharp knife and cut a jack o’lantern face of your choice on the pumpkin
- Ensure that you leave a large opening for the mouth
- Put the pumpkin on plate and dish out the guacamole making sure a little is placed right at the bottom of the mouth opening
- Serve and watch the smiles come rolling in
And if there are any doctor’s at the party you can play a comedian like my husband and keep telling them, “Help! Help! This pumpkin looks terribly sick!”
Halloween isn’t all about tricks and sweets. It’s also about pumpkins. Who can resist these adorable little clementine jack o’lanterns? Even better, they are a treat to make.
- 15 clementines
- 1 Sharpie marker
- Draw fun jack o’lantern faces on your clementines and put them in a bowl
That’s it! No tricks involved for these adorable little treats!