Since I love guacamole, I couldn’t resist adding this masterpiece to the menu. All you need are a few simple ingredients and this puking pumpkin could be making an appearance at your next Halloween party as well.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 tub of guacamole (to keep things really simple you can just buy already made guacamole from the store)
- Take a sharp knife and cut a jack o’lantern face of your choice on the pumpkin
- Ensure that you leave a large opening for the mouth
- Put the pumpkin on plate and dish out the guacamole making sure a little is placed right at the bottom of the mouth opening
- Serve and watch the smiles come rolling in
And if there are any doctor’s at the party you can play a comedian like my husband and keep telling them, “Help! Help! This pumpkin looks terribly sick!”
With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to bring out the treats. These chocolate covered mummy pretzels are anything but scary to make.
- 15 pretzel rods
- Bag of white melting chocolate (10 oz)
- 30 candy eyes
- 1 tube of Betty Crocker white decorating icing
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Remove the chocolate and stir it
- Continue to put it in the microwave for 15 second increments and stirring afterwards until melted
- Dip the top half of the pretzel rods in the chocolate and lay it on a piece of wax paper to dry
- If you want to avoid having a flat backside you can have them dry in a cup instead with the wet part sticking out
- Immediately place the candy eyes on the top center area of the melted chocolate as seen in the picture
- Let it dry and then drizzle on lines of the white decorating icing
- Let entire pretzel dry before moving them
Make sure to open your mouth wide and gobble up all the mummies!
The sun is out and beach season is in full swing. Maybe you’re spending your weekends perfecting your tan while waves are crashing at your feet. Maybe you just dream of being there every time you look at the beautiful beach sunset picture on your desktop. Either way, these little beachy cupcakes are sure to leave a smile on your face.
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 Fruit by the Foot
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- 24 Teddy Grahams
- 4 graham crackers
- Add a drop of blue food coloring to 3/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Add a drop of green food coloring to 1/4 of a cup of vanilla frosting and mix
- Ice all 12 cupcakes with blue frosting
- Crush the graham crackers into crumbs as shown above
- Cover half the blue iced cupcake with the graham cracker crumbs
- Use the green frosting to paint bathing suits on the Teddy Grahams
- Cut the Fruit by the Foot into tiny rectangles to serve as the beach towels
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Fruit by the Foot beach towels on the sand
- Using a small drop of icing, stick the Teddy Grahams on the beach towels
- Place the remaining Teddy Grahams’ legs into the blue water
- Mix up all the cupcakes so that they have different numbers of bears swimming, tanning, etc.
- Serve and watch the smiles come rolling in
Not only are these cupcakes beary cute, they’re also beary tasty too!
These adorable cupcakes can put a smile on anyone’s face. They were served at a child’s birthday party but would work just as well for a picnic at a farm or a rustic barnyard wedding . Children of all ages were horsing around and tweeting for more!
This weekend we visited friends that have an amazing fish tank in their basement. I left wanting to either buy a pet fish or make a fish themed dessert. As you can guess from the picture above, option number two won!
- 8 regular size donuts
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- yellow food coloring
- 1 bag of M&M’s
- 4 red or pink fruit chews
- 8 fruit chews in varied colors (for the tail)
- 4 mini marshmallows
- 8 chocolate chips
- Place the frosting in a microwave safe bowl and mix in yellow food coloring until you get desired color
- Place bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds (times may vary depending on microwave)
- Individually dip each donut in the melted yellow frosting and place on a wire rack or plate to dry
- Decorate the donut with M&Ms and the eyes before it has completely dried
- To make the eyes, cut a mini marshmallow in half
- Then stick a chocolate chip into the sticky side of the marshmallow with the pointy side facing the marshmallow
- To create the lips, place a red or pink fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds
- Remove and break into two pieces
- Roll each piece into a thin log (pictured above) and fold into a “v” shape for the lips
- Place the lips on top of the donut
- For the tail, place another fruit chew in the microwave for 7 seconds
- Roll into a ball and flatten into the shape above
- Place the pointy side into the donut for the tail
- If the fruit chew is too heavy or flimsy, you can place a mini marshmallow under the tail to keep it in place for your presentation
These adorable fish are guaranteed to cook up some smiles with your company!