Having a sweet tooth makes it tough to say no to chocolate, cupcakes, candy, marshmallows, donuts, ice cream, cookies…and the list goes on. Lucky for you, it’s a known fact that if the cupcake is this tiny, calories don’t count. In fact, you might as well have s’more! Here’s a quick and easy recipe that will have you celebrating National S’mores Day in no time!
- 12 mini cupcakes
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- 3 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (you won’t really need that many, but sometimes they don’t break along the line the right way and you can always find room in your tummy for leftovers)
- 2 graham crackers
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Break the Hershey’s bars into the individual rectangles as shown in the picture above (you’ll need 12)
- Break each graham cracker into 6 pieces
- Cover the top of the cupcake with chocolate frosting
- Place one piece of graham cracker, one chocolate rectangle and one marshmallow on top of the cupcake
Who wants s’more?
I don’t know about you, but something about s’mores just makes me happy. Maybe it’s because I love anything with melted chocolate and marshmallows, or maybe it’s because they bring back memories of camping when I was younger. Ok, I’ve never actually gone camping before…it just sounded good. Either way, this quick and easy recipe is guaranteed to leave your guests asking for s’more and s’more!
- 6 graham crackers
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Break the graham crackers in half to form 12 squares
- Decorate 6 of the graham cracker squares with chocolate chips forming a smiley face. (This is a great activity to do with children.)
- Put the chocolate chip covered graham crackers in the microwave for 40 seconds (time may vary depending on microwave)
- Remove from microwave
- Put a marshmallow on each of the remaining 6 graham crackers and put them in the microwave for 15 seconds
- Remove from microwave and place one marshmallow graham cracker and one chocolate chip graham cracker next to each other on each plate
- Serve the s’mores open face to give everyone a smile
- Once served, tell everyone to smush both graham crackers together and enjoy!
We promise that this dessert will leave the young (and young at heart) ready to grin and eat!