Peach season is going full blast. With a kitchen full of peaches, it was time to make some donuts! Of course, we couldn’t leave them unadorned so a crumb topping was a must.
The recipe follows:
PEACHY KEEN DONUTS
Makes 12 donuts
Ingredients for Donuts
- Spray on oil
- 2 cups diced peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cups unsifted flour for donuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of toffee bits (optional)
Ingredients for Crumb Topping
- ½ cup unsifted flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
Spray the donut pan with oil. Wipe off the excess spray from the top of the pan.
Combine peaches and sugar in bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
Blend oil, egg, and water into peach mixture.
Add the 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and optional toffee bits. Stir everything together.
Fill each donut mold 7/8 full with the batter.
Make the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar and ½ cup of flour
Crumble the topping over the donuts (½ of mix for 6 donuts).
Bake in the oven for 16 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool about 30 minutes. Remove donuts from pan.
Store in the refrigerator for best flavor. This dessert is just peachy. Enjoy!
My husband and I were staying at the Trump Hotel in Chicago during our anniversary and were really excited to come back to our room and find golden chocolate covered strawberries in honor of the occasion. While chocolate covered strawberries are pretty awesome to begin with, being a Trump hotel, they knew just how to kick things up a notch. (See picture to the left.) Since we kept talking about them for days after the trip, I decided to recreate my own version at home. They are so easy to make and create a beautiful presentation for any party or event. While you don’t have to add a cupcake to the recipe, I did anyway! Just follow the recipe below and enjoy!
Golden Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 7 Strawberries
- 1 mini cupcake
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 container of white candy pearls
- 1 container of edible gold spray paint
- vanilla frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds (time varies by microwave)
- Remove and stir
- Individually dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and let dry on a sheet of wax paper
- When dry to the touch, spray a thin coat of edible gold spray paint on top of each strawberry
- Take the centerpiece cupcake and ice with a thin coat of vanilla frosting
- Scatter candy pearls on top of the frosting and on the serving plate you’re going to use for the strawberries
- Place one strawberry on top of the cupcake and scatter the rest of the strawberries on the plate
This dessert will definitely earn you golden reviews!